Sunday, September 22, 2013

No Matter How You Look at it.

One of the many things I've developed something of an expertise in over the years is the use of physical force.  For about the last 20 years or so, there have been few, if any, years that someone hasn't had me teach a class of some sort regarding some aspect of this topic.
Each time the request comes, I go through the old program and try to freshen it up so that I don't get stale in teaching it, because even though the same set of facts must be taught time again and even thought it's critical knowledge to have, it's terribly hard to pay attention to the rather boring nature of the law.
The one thing I keep coming to when I teach the program is the ugly fact that police officers may be called upon to take an action that may result in the loss of a life, and for the brief moment of that event, the life doesn't matter, the only thing that does matter is that a valid treat be stopped.
No matter how you look at it, that's a tough thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment