Monday, January 28, 2013

Government efficiency...sometimes

As much as I gripe about the way government reaches into our lives, and wallets, I must admit that they sometimes get things right.
I just used a government website to register for not one but two things I had to have in order to conduct our small business and do it entirely legally.  In spite of my dread, I found it rather workable and was completed with the process in about 40 minutes.  Not bad altogether.
The only problem is, once you're in the system, they've got an excessive amount of control over you.  That's not good thing.  There is just no way to conduct business and attempt to comply with the myriad of laws without getting aboard their system.
I guess efficiency leads to infiltrating our lives...now there's a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment