Sunday, January 27, 2013

Drivel

As I looked over my facebook wall this morning--even making a quick, humorous (I hope) post--I was reminded of one of the reasons I've been staying away from it.  It's mostly drivel (synonyms: nonsense, slobber, slaver, piffle), in short, it's worthless.  After looking through it, there is some that's fun to read, some that's newsy, and some downright wonderful; but all too much of it is drivel.  I'll not waste my time on it anymore and likely will be hiding many of the sources, keeping them off my wall.
Php 4:8 tells us: "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-- think about such things."  Yeah...I'll not waste my time on the drivel.


No comments:

Post a Comment