Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Breaking the Silence

The Ammo Box has been empty these days, much like the space normally occupied by .380 ammo in gun shops. Not that I haven't had anything to say, just the time to sit and compose all the thoughts has been eluding me.
I've actually taken some time for fun, something that I probably did far too little of during the years I held my full-time job with the state. Then, it aways seemed that something (job related) back home needed to be thought about, planned, or needed phone calls made, emails written, or some other involvement that may not have ruined, but surely impacted nearly all, if not all, the time off I ever took.
So, in the last couple months I've taken a couple days to do some good motorcyle trips with some good friends, spent some time traveling with my wife in places we'd never been before and have tried to get back into just enjoying life, not worrying about what's got to be done next--thought that's a hard thing for a type A person to avoid.
I'll be trying to make some regular commentary on something again. Maybe that means having to pay attention to the news again; though maybe not that much attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment