Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Frequent Flyers

A rash of you can't make this stuff up type stories about dumb crooks provoked an old memory from my days in Chatham PD, back in the 1970's.
We had our share of regular customers who were in our stations either as witnesses, complainants or suspects quite frequently. One afternoon, one of our best customers came in with a complaint of some type. I dutifully took his complaint--though I don't recall now what it was or what the outcome was--and then reached into the drawer of the desk I was using, pulled out an appearance ticket and, as we continued our conversation I wrote him a ticket for unlawful possession of marihuana. I told him to hand me the bag of marihuana that he had very obviously sticking out of his pocket, and when he did I handed him the ticket.
Folks like that are job security--and you just can't make that stuff up.

No comments:

Post a Comment